Digital artist doesn’t use a mouse to create and retouch their designs. They use a digital pen and a drawing pad to draw out their imaginations.
With so many different drawing tablets in the market, It’s really tough to decide which one is going to be the best drawing tablets. Sometimes some of you will look for cheap drawing tablets but you’ll find it tough to decide.
I’ve been writing about tablets and accessories for over 3 years now. I have used almost every drawing tablet and based on my experience I write my blogs to help others.
The two major brands of drawing tablets are Huion & Wacom. So, In today’s guide, I will be doing a Huion vs Wacom comparison. It is going to be an in-depth comparison between Huion and Wacom. It is also going to be a Graphic tablet vs Pen display tablet comparison because both the brands are popular for the respective categories.
Table of Contents
Graphic Tablet vs Pen Display Tablet
We need to know the difference between the graphic tablet and pen display tablet before we can start comparing Huion vs Wacom.
Pads without screens are called graphic tablets or pen tablets. These tablets are connected to your PC/Laptop and then you can use them as a drawing pad. It will use your desktop screen and every movement on the drawing pad can be seen on your monitor or display.
This is the reason why these tablets are priced very low, and if you are just getting started then these are the best drawing tablet for beginners who are starting their career.
Even high-level graphic artists also prefer these graphic tablets for more efficiency and control over their work.
Talking about the Pen Display Tablet, these are the tablets that have the screen attached with them. It means they are independent drawing tablets and you will not have to connect them with any monitor or display.
Using these Pen Tablets will make you feel like you are using a notebook and a pen. Some of these best Wacom tablets are so smooth that you will get addicted to them.
These pen display tablets are portable tablets, which means you can use them anywhere you want to. You can carry them while you’re traveling or you can sit on the couch and draw your designs.
Obviously, the cost will go up, for the screen as well as the other hardware. It is considered the best choice of artists who uses drawing tablets a lot.
What are Pen Computers?
Some of you might be interested in Pen computers, So these are the ultimate devices for those who are into digital media. It is the combination of a laptop, a graphic tablet, and a pen tablet.
You can do all sorts of work with these pen computers, apart from drawing if you want to edit and process images you can do it with pen computers.
They are the best option for those looking for an all-in-one solution. Some of the examples are iPad Pro, Microsoft Surface Pro, and Wacom Cintiq Pro.
The only problem with pen computers is their high pricing. Not everyone can afford a 1000-2000$ tablet.
I don’t recommend going to a pen computer because it is not value for money. You can use any graphic tablet and connect it with your laptop/pc and can use it in a quite affordable way.
Huion Vs Wacom Feature Comparison
Deciding between Wacom and Huion is all about finding the perfect drawing tablet, let’s know what are features you should look at while buying a perfect drawing tablet.
It’s all about the size when you are going to buy a drawing tablet, the surface area of the tablet will be directly proportional to the price of the tablet.
You need to figure out your needs and requirements before buying a drawing pad. If you are just doing photo editing then a mid-range compact drawing tablet will work for you, but if you are going to do some complex and large gestures like using the selection tool in photoshop then you will be requiring a large-screen tablet.
Anyways, You should always go for mid-high level screen size tablets. It will help you a lot in long run.
Talking about figures, Anything between 8 inches to 10 inches will be enough for you.
You can go for a higher one but in a budget range, this is going to be the best option.
The second key feature you should always look at is the pressure sensitivity of the tablets. The more pressure-sensitive it is, the lighter you have to press your digital pen.
It’s just like a pencil or brush on a sheet of paper, so here pressure sensitivity plays a very important role.
You will see different levels of sensitivity on different tablets.
Any tablet with at least 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity will be good to go. Huion and Wacom offer almost the same minimum pressure sensitivity of 2048 levels.
The third most important feature to look at in drawing tablets is the Resolution. It is measured in Lines Per Inch (LPI).
I recommend at least 1270 LPI for drawing tablets. The higher it is the finer details it will pick
Talking about both the brands. Wacom tablets have a minimum of 2540 LPI and Huion Tablets have 4000 LPI.
Huion can be considered a winner if we compare on a resolution basis.
You draw with these digital Pens and Nibs. Right?
So, It is an important factor to look at while buying a drawing tablet.
Let me be very straight, Always go for battery-free pens with drawing tablets.
I’m saying this because you will not have to worry about charging and switching batteries. The battery-free pens are very durable and reliable if you use them carefully.
Wacom offers battery-free pen with each Wacom Drawing tablet.
Whereas Huion only offers them with their Kamvas series pen displays. You can buy them separately but why spend more if you can get them in the Wacom Box.
You will see the Tilt support feature in multiple drawing pens. This feature makes them work as traditional pencil or brushes.
Artists who are into calligraphy, airbrushing or shading will find this feature useful in their drawing pens.
Huion’s KAMVAS series tablets have pens with tilt sensors and Wacom Pro pens with the Intuos Pro and Cintiq supports tilt.
The multi-touch feature will recognize more than one touch at the tablet screen. You can use multiple gestures if your device is having the Multitouch feature.
It is just an addon feature and you should always look for this feature.
Wacom supports multi-touch in their Intuos and Cintiq lines whereas Huion tablets do not offer it.
Warranty & Support
No one buys anything before looking for the Warranty and Support information. There is a separate support department in brands that help their customers with the problems.
Wacom Pro models have a 2-year warranty whereas a 1-year warranty for other devices.
Huion offers only a 1-year warranty on all of its devices.
Now comes the most important part, which is the pricing.
Huion tablets are cheaper options when you compare then with the expensive Wacom models.
Huion tablets are budget-friendly and beginners can choose Huion for their work.
Whereas Wacom devices are priced 4-5 times the price of the Huion tablet. You pay good, you get good. Wacom is better in many aspects including pens, multitouch, and customer service as well.
The point is if you are an experienced artist and you have a budget then you can surely go for Wacom devices. Else, for every beginner, I recommend them to get a Huion Tablet.
Best Huion Vs Wacom Tablets List
Best Huion Tablets
- 【Package Listing】 1*mini 2-key black keyboard 1*shaft-puller 1*5 feet long USB data cable 2*copy&paste keycaps(black and white)
- 【Copy Keyboard】For Windows User，this is Plug and Play, Out of the Box, no Software and Website Required for Copying and Pasting.
- 【Mac User Notice】 Before using, you need to connect the keyboard to the MAC computer, open the webpage link "SayoDevice. com", and manually configure the settings for the two buttons: Left Button=GUI(win)+C, Right Button=GUI(win)+V.
- 【Functions】 The default function is "Copy" and "Paste". You can also use other functions, such as Shortcut keys, Multi-step operation, Multi-key in one, Cut, Undo, Redo, Select all, Play, Pause, Volume, Switch song, Forward, Backward, Custom script, etc. You can control the light color and gradient mode of the case you want through the software or website.
- 【Programming】 Programming by Software（https://dl.sayobot.cn/setting.zip）Only for Windows System. Programming by Website（SayoDevice.com）for MacOS，Linux and also Windows Systems. Programming is fairly straightforward, and the programming app and page has an understandable English translation.
- 【Keyboard】 With 12 Otuemu Red Speed Switches.HID Standard Keyboard, Plug and Play without driver.
- 【System】 Compatible With Windows, Linux, MacOS, Android, Raspberry and it's easy to use for everyone.
- 【Function】 The function of custom keypad: Shortcut keys, Multi-step operation, Multi-key in one, Copy and Paste, Cut, Undo, Redo, Select all, Play, Pause, Volume, Switch song, Forward, Backward, Custom script, etc.
- 【Programming by Software】 The Software is only for Windows System.Sometimes Windows Firewall will issue a warning when it starts.Don't worry,the Software is very safe!
- 【Programming by Website】 The Website is applicable to MacOS,Linux and also Windows Systems.We recommend that you try to use Chrome and Edge Browser to access the website! Website：SayoDevice.com
- 【Immersive VR Experience】The entire VR cable management system designed by AMVR, adopts silicone, ABS and rubber materials and noise damper technology to maximize silence and minimize cable tension during use. Vr wire pulley system dramatically reduces the cable's presence and lets you freely move around your playspace without worry of yanking your wire or headset and you will no longer trip up or tangled by your VR-headset's cords, make you easier to get fully immersed in vr games.
- 【Simpler and Smarter Design】AMVR simplify the VR ceiling cord management system, from the noiseless integrated design of the top soft ring and pulley body to the integrated 360° rotation function inside the HMD cable bracket, making it easy to assemble and disassemble. The retractable vr pulley system and metal ring hook can be used in combination to expand the range of movement play area. It feels smooth when moving and you won't really notice the pulleys are even there most of the time.
- 【Broad Compatibility 】 The VR accessories is perfect and must have for Oculus Quest 2/ Quest 1, Valve Index VR, HP Reverb G2, HTC Vive, HTC Vive Pro, Vive Cosmos, Oculus Rift, Oculus Rift S, Playstation VR, Microsoft MR, Odyssey VR, and other wired virtual reality headsets, the HMD cable holder is made of soft elastic rubber so no worry about damaging your cables.
- 【Two Install Ways】Easy to setup, you can choose adhesive hooks or screw hooks, depending on whether you want to fix it permanently and what kind of ceiling you have. The tension of the retractable cable is moderate, it can extend to 71 inches (1.8m) long, and then automatically rebound, so that you have a more comfortable VR experience when playing Oculus Quest 2 or other pc vr headset which neeed vr cable link.
- 【Adjustable】The VR cable can reach up to 1.8m, the length of external cable can be adjusted. There are three size S, M, L of the position of the silicone band for different sizes of cables.
- HID standard keyboard, plug and play without driver.
- This keyboard supports multiple function modes, each button can be set to a different function mode without affecting each other.
- The button function can be set by yourself, there is a dedicated setting program, and the setting can be repeated.
- Onboard storage, the settings are saved in the keyboard, no need to set again to replace the device.
- Support Windows, Linux, MacOS, Android, Raspberry Pi, etc.
- 【48 Programmable Keys & 8 Macro Keys Based Hardware】Program all 48 keys and create 8 complex macros with the configuration software to take full command of your computer. A macro key can output up to 31 characters. Perfect not only for gamers, but also for so many other types of users including supermarket cashier, designers and video editors.
- 【Built-in MCU】After keyboard keys be set up, it will be automatically stored in keyboard's MCU, and no need reset the keyboard or even replace the computer.
- 【Support 9 Kinds Key Program Types】 Normal/FN-Shift/Mouse/Combination/Burst/Round-Robin/Continue/Jitter/Special Functions/Disable key types, different key type with different function.
- 【OEM Gateron Red Switches】OEM Gateron Red switches with trigger travel of 2±0.6mm, keystroke force of 45±15cN, plus full anti-ghosting ensures great feel and accuracy.
- 【Portable Mini keypad】Portable Mini keypad, effectively save desktop space. You can connect the keypad and a 104-key keyboard with the same computer at the same time, they will not interfere with each other.
- Wireless: Wireless distance: 33 feet. Delivers pro-grade performance with flexibility and freedom from cords. More wider range of applications. This keyboard is programmable, can be set as any hot key or short cut that meet your need.
- Our 3 key keypad is built for durability. ABS construction and keys that can endure up to 50 million strokes. Mechanical switches make every word you type bouncy.
- Type C to USB Nylon Braided Cable: You can use it connect the keyboard to your computer. Also charge the keyboard by using this cable.
- Rechargable: 2 hours full charge can hold up 3 mouths use. If it is in low battery, the led light will flash interval 3 seconds to remind you.
- Compatible with Windows, Linux, Mac OS, Android and IOS system. Please set up in windows system first, then you can freely use it in different device.
- Chroma RGB Lighting: With 16.8 million colors and a suite of effects to choose from, bring out the gaming style and stand out from the crowd
- Non-Slip and Stable: Includes a high-friction, rubber bottom holder base with a low center of gravity to keep docked headphones safe on desk
- Detachable Base: Allows the base to be separated from the headset stand for safe transport and more portability
- THREE Extensive PC Ports: Contains two USB 3.1 charging ports with one 3.5mm audio jack combo port for the built-in 7.1 surround sound DAC
- Universal Compatibility: Design to fit all size headphone with all-new aluminum construction and enhanced height for larger headsets
Best Wacom Tablets
- Wacom Intuos Small Graphics Drawing Tablet: Enjoy industry leading tablet performance in superior control and precision with Wacom's EMR, battery free technology that feels like pen on paper
- Works With All Software: Wacom Intuos tablet can be used in any software program to explore new facets of digital creativity; draw, paint, edit photos/videos, create designs, and mark up documents
- What the Professionals Use: Wacom's industry leading pen technology and pen to paper feeling makes it the preferred drawing tablet of professional graphic designers
- Software and Training Included: Only Wacom gives you software with every purchase. Register your Intuos tablet and gain access to some of the best creative software and Wacom's online training
- Wacom is the Global Leader in Drawing Tablet and Displays: For over 40 years in pen display and tablet market, you can trust that Wacom to help you bring your vision, ideas and creativity to life
- Exposed fingertip design allows user to access touchscreen capabilities and type with ease on a keyboard
- Glide over your screen or tablet surface with reduced friction for hours of comfort while creating; see your screen clearly with unnecessary smudges from oils or sweat on your hand
- Made of 90% recycled materialsthe eco-friendly recycled polyester and spandex construction offers comfort, stretch and durability
- One-size fits most, ambidextrous fit works for either right or left-handed usersand measures 7.6 in length x 3.3 in in width
- One by Wacom, Portable, Versatile Drawing Tablet: Introduce your student to the love of learning through pen to paper feeling on this drawing pad and support homework, drawing and their creativity
- Compatible With All Software Technology: This drawing tablet can be used with Chromebook without requiring a driver but also works with any computer system and software for education and gaming
- What the Professionals Use: Wacom's industry leading pen technology and pen to paper feeling makes it the preferred drawing tablet of professional graphic designers
- Software and Training Bundle: This portable drawing pad contains a full software bundle including CSP, trials, and training for free access to learning how to best enhance productivity and creativity
- Wacom is the Global Leader in Drawing Tablet and Displays: With over 40 years in the pen display and tablet market, you can trust Wacom to help you bring your vision, ideas, and creativity to life
- Pressure sensitivity and natural tilt support for more precision and control
- The cordless, battery-free pen never needs to be charged and is light and comfortable to use thanks to Wacom’s EMR (Electro-Magnetic Resonance) technology
- 1 programmable pen button puts shortcuts at your fingertips
- Includes 3 Wacom One Pen nibs
- The pen’s 4,096 levels of pressure sensitivity gives you more control and precision.
- The battery-free pen allows for light and comfortable use thanks to EMR (Electro-Magnetic Resonance) technology.
- 2 pen buttons for shortcuts at your fingertips.
- BONUS: Register your Intuos tablet to receive Clip Studio Paint Pro (2-yr license), and try out Corel Painter Essentials 8 & Corel AfterShot Pro 3 (90-day trial); Must register to receive software; Offer only available for customers located in the Americas.
- Precision Graphics Tablet: Our professional Wacom Intuos utilizes trusted Pro Pen technology to allow for hours of image editing, illustration or design work
- Ultra-Responsive Wacom Pro Pen 2: The included ergonomic 8192 pressure sensitive battery-free pen is easy to control, giving you the familiar feel that you are used to with exceptional sensitivity
- Compact Bluetooth Design: The compact design along with touch gestures and programmable buttons give you a broad range of ways to personalize the way you work and create
- Productivity Boosters: Speed up and stay in creative flow with multi-touch gestures and get easy shortcuts with customizable 8 Express Keys Touch Ring and pen side switches
- Creative Software: Register your Intuos Pro and receive 3-months of Shapr3D, and 3-months/250GB of MASV file transfer; offer available for customers located in the Americas
- Cordless, Battery-free
- Features 2nd Generation Wacom Tip Sensor with the tilt sensitivity: ± 60 degrees and dimensions (L x D): 6.2” x 0.6” (157 x 15 millimeters)
- 3 Standard Black Pen Nibs
- Pen Stand
I tried sharing all my knowledge about drawing tablets and graphic tablets in this comparison blog post. I have done a feature-wise comparison of Huion vs Wacom.
In simple words, If you are a beginner with a low budget. Go get a Huion Tablet.
Do you have some huge money? Go and get Wacom Gadgets. Wacom devices will be more helpful if you are having some experience in digital media.