Tired of holding a heavy laptop while binging a movie? Or thinking of buying a tablet, but the budget is short?
No worries! We got your back.
In this article, we have listed the top 8 Tablets which are under 250$, which are lightweight, easy to handle, and attractive looking. While writing this article, we also kept in mind the internal storage as well as the battery life of these tablets.
Besides, Picking up the right tablets is very difficult as a good slate can give you fast performance, and have a slim and elegant design. A perfect tablet should also come with a long-lasting battery.
Everyone has a different perspective while buying a tablet depending upon for which purpose he or she might be buying a tablet. For that, we recommend you properly invest your time in analyzing for which purpose you are going to buy the tablets. Below, we have listed 8 Best Tablets under 250$.
Oh did I say iPads? Yes, don’t get so shocked, read the article below and thank me later!
I hope that with the help of this article, you’ll be able to find your ideal tablet!
List of The Best 11 Tablets Under 250$:-
1. Samsung Galaxy Tab A8
This Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 is one of the best tablets for under $250. Its great speakers and 10.5-inch display make it ideal for streaming movies and videos. It helps the Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 earn its position among the finest budget Android tablets available on the market.
- Exceptional battery life.
- Wide displays are ideal for streaming
- Time taking 15W charging.
- Bad quality front and back cameras.
- Minimal storage capacity
The wider 16:10 ratio can be challenging to hold comfortably if you’re coming from a square iPad. A user’s ability to adapt to the curvature of the tablet may also take some time.
The center location of the selfie camera in the longer bezel is a blatant hint that Samsung wants you to use the tablet in landscape orientation for a better viewing experience.
The 10.5-inch LCD screen with 1,920 x 1,200 resolution is sufficient for most daily uses like watching movies and reading books.
The massive panel’s 16:10 aspect ratio greatly benefits streaming services. I also enjoy how the bezels on all four sides are uniform. They are thick enough to grip but not conspicuously wide.
Although Samsung is proud to tout the Galaxy Tab A8’s 7,040 mAh battery life, it makes no crazy battery life claims. The display must be powered continuously throughout the day, necessitating a relatively large battery.
I sporadically used streaming services, social media, and web browsing for most of my testing.
2. Lenovo Tab M10 Plus (3rd Gen)—2022
Lenovo has released a low-cost tablet that is a fantastic option for the general public. We put the Tab M10 Plus through its paces, and considering the review unit we have (4GB of RAM) and its price range, we were happy with the overall performance.
- Superb Display.
- Outstanding Battery Life
- Terrible Charger.
- Very low refresh rate display
The 1920×1200 FHD 10.6-inch display of the Lenovo Tab M10 Plus has a refresh rate of 60 Hz, translating to a pixel density of roughly 220 ppi.
Overall, the show is fantastic and effective. There are a few issues, though, given the price. I noticed that HDR content wasn’t nearly as vivid as on my 12.9″ iPad Pro. It most certainly isn’t color-accurate.
A MediaTek Helios G80 processor is pre-installed in the Lenovo Tab M10 Plus. The 4 GB RAM variant has been used at our office. Furthermore, the performance was, at most, merely adequate.
The M10 Plus can easily outperform most tasks for everyday multitasking, online surfing, streaming videos, and perusing emails.
The Lenovo Tab M10 Plus requires approximately 4-5 hours to charge using the provided 10-watt charger. I set the tablet using my 20-watt Apple charger and was shocked to see that it took roughly half as long, or 1.75 hours.
Coming in at roughly 13–14 hours from my testing, I mainly browsed the internet and played some light and heavy games in addition to the usual endless social media surfing. Ultimately, the battery life is sufficient for me not to worry about charging it all day.
3. Amazon Fire HD 10 Plus (2021 release)
Fire HD 10 Plus is a tablet by Amazon. It is one of the most famous tablets available in the market under this range. It will appeal to lovers of Amazon’s hardware and software, as well as its apps and services.
- Ease usage of Alexa.
- Good audio.
- Excellent video quality
- Lack of Google apps.
- It has an outdated chipset
The Amazon Fire HD 10 Plus is designed similarly to previous iterations of this tablet line, so there aren’t any big surprises.
Design-wise, the Plus variant and the standard Amazon Fire HD 10 (2021) tablet are similar, but they are slimmer and lighter than the Amazon Fire HD 10 (2019). The differences between its designs are so minor that you usually won’t even notice them.
Although this is one of the areas where you can see how Amazon makes these devices cheaper than competing devices like Apple and Samsung, this tablet has a 10.1-inch IPS LCD with a 1920 x 1200 resolution. It’s a passable screen, but it could be among the finest.
The tablet’s resolution is sufficient for a clear, sharp image, and the brightness also increases to an acceptable level.
A 2MP front-facing camera and a 5MP rear-facing camera are both present, and while they are both functional, they don’t offer much more.
We’d say the Fire HD 10 Plus cameras are just decent for video calling but no more, and still, photographs come out somewhat noisy and blocky if you really must take pictures with your tablet.
4. Lenovo Tab P11 Plus
Lenovo and other manufacturers can dominate the low- and mid-range markets. I’ve been using the Lenovo Tab P11 Plus, the brand’s newest reasonably priced Android tablet, and it’s a bit of a mystery.
- Sharp IPS 2K display.
- Dolby Atmos side-firing speakers.
- Durable 7,700 mAh battery.
- Poor cameras.
- Often, the software can feel sluggish.
- No update policy exists
The Tab P11 Plus’s cameras aren’t very impressive, but they aren’t intended to take the place of your smartphone or a real standalone camera. The tablet has a 13 MP primary rear camera on the back and an 8 MP front-facing camera atop the screen.
The back camera works well for quick snapshots and document scanning. It can also take decent shots in adequate lighting, though our test images lack depth and appear slightly soft. Images in low-light conditions look flat and fuzzy.
The Lenovo Tab P11 Plus isn’t an exception to the rule that tablet designs have sometimes been the most daring. (I mean, how much can you deviate from the standard, rectangular slab)
Its construction combines rubber and aluminum to provide a unibody design that is robust enough to maintain an IP52 classification. This indicates that the equipment is shielded from dust and water sprinkling.
The Lenovo tablet outperforms Samsung and TCL’s tablets thanks to its 491 single-core and 1,581 multi-core scores.
5. Microsoft Surface Go 3
As claimed by its creator, the Microsoft Surface Go 3 is a tablet that, after almost three years of competition, still functions as a laptop.
This model of the Surface tablet may be updated up to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, even though it is still maintained that Microsoft botched the initial Surface launch by impeding it with Windows RT.
- The thinnest surface to date.
- It runs all Windows programs.
- Support for styluses.
- Only 2GB of RAM is available on the entry-level model.
- It is inadequate for anything more complex.
When measured with our i1Display Pro colorimeter, the Surface 3’s display hit a stonking 416 cd/m2 (or nits), making it one of the device’s brightest points.
It is more suited to outdoor viewing than Asus’s tablet and comfortably surpasses the T100 Chi’s 319.2 cd/m2.
The Surface Go 3 contains two webcams: a 3.5-megapixel front-facing camera and an 8-megapixel back camera with autofocus. The front-facing camera is more than competent for Skype and other online chats, while the rear camera captures vivid, well-composed images that are clear.
It’s reassuring to know that the Surface 3 is capable, even though it won’t take the place of your smartphone as your primary camera.
The same silver magnesium alloy case with chamfered corners is present, giving it a smooth, high-quality feel in your hands. Of course, the Surface 3 also includes the recognizable kickstand, which can now be clicked into three settings.
Microsoft’s pressure-sensitive stylus, which has only ever been supported by the Surface Pro series but not the standard Surface line, is now also supported.
6. Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4″
Samsung is one of the leading electronics companies globally, offering a wide variety of devices and available in all ranges.
Samsung’s Galaxy Tab A7 offers a high-quality display, excellent audio output, and a premium design. A device is a good option for those who want to consume streaming content, play games, and do a little light work. This will also work if you need a mobile device to do your homework and watch videos online.
Additionally, it has good battery life. Despite its sound quality, the camera on the Xperia Z3 will not replace your smartphone for taking pictures. While the device can run high-end productivity apps and play the games you want, it stutters while running most games.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 comes in 10.1 inches WXGA Display.
- It has a screen resolution of 2000 * 1200 pixels, which makes it perfect if you are looking off-budget for a tablet that you can use to watch Netflix Series, Surfing the Web, and playing games.
- It weighs 0.93 lbs.
- It has a 4000 mAH battery capacity, which is pretty good.
- The internal storage can be expanded up to 32 GB via a Micro SD card Slot, besides a 3GB of Ram and 32 GB of internal storage.
- It has a Qualcomm SM6115 Snapdragon 662 (11 nm), Octa-core, and it also
- comes with Android 10, which delivers extra-fast performance to all of its users.
For more detailed analysis check out our expert’s review on Samsung Galaxy Tab A7.
How does it look?
- The back of the tablet is made of leather, thus it becomes quite heavy.
- The top of the tablet has a 3.5mm headphone jack while the bottom backside has a single speaker, which gives you normal sound quality.
- The right side has a power button and the volume button, it also has an IR Emitter and Micro SD Card Slot as well.
7. Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1-inch – Highly Recommended
Samsung is a South Korean multinational electronics company that has been manufacturing smartphones, tablets, and many other electronics for a long time, and Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 inch, you’ll.
With the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1, Samsung provides a much more cost-effective option than Apple’s iPad and the excellent Galaxy Tab S5e.
The downgrade leaves you with fewer graphics options, an OLED screen, and advanced multi-driver speakers. The feature dips no longer seem so bad when you have to spend less.
There is only one major problem here: gaming performance. Compared with the cheaper Amazon Fire HD 10, the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 has far fewer graphics power. It is still possible to play any game, but the visuals will be downgraded for smooth gameplay.
In comparison with Amazon’s tablet, Samsung, on the other hand, has access to a massive number of great Android games.
For more detailed analysis check out our expert’s review on Samsung Galaxy Tab A.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A comes with 10.1 inches display with a screen resolution of 1920*1200 pixels.
- Furthermore, it weighs approximately 1.16 pounds.
- It has a dimension of 6.1*0.3*10 inches. The high screen quality helps you to play games and watch series or movies fluently.
- It comes with 2GB Ram and 16GB of internal storage, which helps you in keeping your important documents such as files, movies, music, etc.
- It has an 8 MP front-facing camera and a 5 MP rear camera to capture your special moments and cute selfies.
- The internal storage can be expanded to 400GB via Micro SD Card, which means you can store your movies, photos, or games without any issue.
- You can easily run multiple apps at the same time as it has an Android 9.0(pie) with an Octa-Core processor with Exynos 7904 Chipset. Therefore, it delivers extra-fast performance.
- Because of its A 6250 mAH battery life, it offers you up to 187 hours of music playtime and more than 13 hours of video playback time, which means you can easily binge-watch your favorite Netflix show.
How does it look?
- To make it more attractive, Samsung Galaxy Tab A comes in three different colors i.e-
- The power buttons, volume buttons, and Micro SD Card Slot are on the right side of the tablet while the left side is empty.
- When you look at the top of the tablet, you’ll get a headphone jack and on the button, you get a USB type C 2.0 port and two stereo speakers. The USB type C 2.0 port will help you to connect a USB drive or an external SSD with the tablet.
8. Apple iPad 9.7-inch
Want an iPad at a low price?
Tablet lovers will love the iPad 9.7 if they only want that: a tablet. Despite its impressive specs, the iPad comes up short in terms of power and performance, but with Apple Pencil compatibility and a more affordable A10 processor, you can get pretty close.
It’s annoying that you have to buy the Pencil separately to access a key feature, and the design looks rather old-fashioned here… but for the price, it’s hard to complain too much, and this is still one of the best tablets on the market. In all, this is a competent tablet. It is more powerful, offers more possibilities, and is quite reasonably priced.
You can easily go with the Apple iPad 9.7 inches.
- This iPad comes with 9.7 inches screen size
- It comes with a screen resolution of 2048 * 1536 pixels, and this is just amazing to binge a series or to play games.
- Furthermore, It has no weight, only 14.1 ounces.
- It has a dimension of 9.4 * 0.3 * 6.6 inches.
- It has an amazing battery life of 8610 mAH, probably the main reason for it being thick.
- You can easily use multiple apps at the same time as this Apple iPad9 .7 inches has A9 Third generation chip with 64-bit Architecture and M9 Motion coprocessor.
- You can upgrade the pre-installed iOS 10.0 to the latest version easily.it comes with 2GB of Ram and 32/ 64 GB of internal storage, which gives your important documents and photos a room.
How does it look?
- To make it look cooler, it comes in three different colors-
- Space Gray
but the price may change according to the color.
- Moreover, it has a metal body for you to grip it nicely.
- The top side of the iPad has the power button and the headphone jack while the bottom side has a lightning port and stereo speakers.
- The back part of the iPad has an 8MP rear camera and a 1.2 MP front-facing camera.
9. Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 8-Inch
Lenovo is a Chinese multinational technology company which manufactures tablets, Laptops, and Smartphones for a long time, Lenovo yoga tab 3 8 inch is one of them.
You can play Candy Crush all day long, watch Netflix all day, browse the Web for hours, or binge-watch Netflix all day with the Lenovo Yoga Tab 3. A full charge lasts more than 15 hours, far longer than any other slate on the market.
Furthermore, it has a folding kickstand on the back, a MicroSD slot, and a kickstand that you can use to fold the screen back. If you want to take some pictures, there’s a clever camera with a 180-degree rotating lens, giving you 8 megapixels on the front and the back. If longevity is your priority, you will be pleased with how long this tablet lasts with its Snapdragon 212 processor and 1GB of RAM.
- The Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 comes in 8 inches screen size.
- It has a maximum screen resolution of 1280*800 pixels.
- It weighs 1.03 pounds.
- It has a dimension of 8.3 * 5.7 * 0.1 inches, which is perfect for watching tv series or playing games.
- This tablet also has a multi-mode feature, which gives you an amazing and comprehensive view from any position.
- It also comes with an 8 MP, 180-degree rotatable camera which gives you good picture quality and can be efficiently used for video call purposes.
- It also comes with the Splash Proof feature with an IP51 certificate.
- This tablet also offers you extra fast performance when you are running heavy apps as it has a 1.3 GHz Quad-Core processor with Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 Chipset.
- The internal storage can be expanded up to 64 GB via Micro SD Card slow, besides 2GB DDR3 Ram and 16GB of internal storage.
- It has a 6200 mAh battery capacity, which will give you more than 3 days of battery backup if you use it efficiently.
For more detailed analysis check out our expert’s review on Lenovo Yoga Tab 3.
How does it look?
- The front side of the tablet has a glossy black plastic bezel, while the backside is covered with dark grey and has a texture of plastic.
- The right side of the tablet has a headphone and mic jack while the left side has a circular button that functions as a locking and power button
10. New Apple iPad 10.2-Inch
One more iPad under 250$?
Stop cleaning your eyes, and it is the truth, and we present you with one more iPad for under 250$. A little off-budget, but you’re getting an iPad with great features and at such a minimal price.
Despite not being changed much from the iPad Air, the new iPad 2020 is still Apple’s best entry-level iPad to date. It also plays a crucial role since the iPad Air has become much more expensive over the years. To that point, I can recommend it most readily to the average person.
This iPad is one of the best value models since it shares several features with more expensive iPads, including compatibility with Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard and iPad 14 support.
Even if the upgrade is modest compared to last year’s iPad, this brand-new device represents excellent value for the price.
Read the details below to know about it more.
- It has a 10.2-inch screen display, you to watch videos and play games at full HD.
- It has a screen resolution of 2160 * 1620 pixels.
- It also comes with a smart keyboard which is not offered by any other iPad at this range.
- New Apple iPad 10.2- inch weighs 1.07 pounds.
- It has a dimension of 9.8 * 6.8 * 0.29 inches.
- This iPad delivers extra-fast performance when you run multiple apps at the same time as it comes with an A10 Fusion Chip with 65-bit architecture and Embedded M10 Coprocessor.
- It has a 3 GB of Ram and the internal storage is available in different internal storage 16 GHB, 32 GB, 64GB, and as well as 128 GB.
- It has an 8MP rear-facing camera and a 1.2 MP front-facing camera.
- It has a battery life of up to 10 hours on surfing the web, watching movies, and playing games.
How does it look?
- It comes in three colors-
- Space grey
- The right side of the iPad has the volume buttons while the left side is empty.
- The top side of the iPad consists of a power button while the bottom side has a lighting port that you can use for charging and data transferring purposes.
- The bottom side is also surrounded by speakers of high-quality sounds.
11. Huawei MediaPad T5 10.1-inch
Huawei is a Chinese multinational technology company that has been manufacturing smartphones and tablets for a long time.
The Huawei brand has repeatedly proven to be a good source for making a decent-looking, full-featured phone at an affordable price. Neither the MediaPad M3 Lite 8 nor the MediaPad M5 10.8 Pro excelled in every conceivable area, but by and large, both found their niche and enticed us.
Then, let’s take a closer look at Huawei’s newest creation, the MediaPad T5. The device is also equipped with a HiSilicon Kirin 659, a Mali-T830 MP2 GPU, 3 GB of RAM, 32 GB of eMMC storage, and two cameras (rear and front).
In the United States, the device sold for about $230 plus tax and around 250 Euros in Europe. The T5 Medion LifeTab P10606 (not available in the country) is its closest competitor in this price bracket. Acer Iconia Tab 10, Amazon Fire HD 10 (2017), and Asus ZenPad 10 (Z301ML) are also available.
- It has a dimension of 243mm * 164mm * 7.8mm.
- It weighs 1.01 pounds, a lightweight tablet compared to other premium tablets.
- It has two variants-
- Wifi supported variant
- Wifi + 4G LTE supported variant.
- Because of its excellent screen resolution, you can watch any movie or play any game at high quality.
- It has a 5100 mAH battery capacity, giving you more than 50 hours of battery backup when you listen to music.
- The internal storage can be expanded up to 256 GB via Micro SD Card Slot 2GB of Ram and 16 GB of internal storage.
- It comes with a 5MP rear camera, for you to capture your special moments and a 2MP front-facing camera, which is good enough for selfies or video calls.
How does it look?
- It looks very sleek and stylish.
- It comes in two colors-
- The right side of the tablet has a power button and volume key while the left side has a 3.5mm headphone jack, a slot for a MicroSD card, and Sim.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are there any tablets under $250 that can handle basic and casual tasks?
Yes, there are several options available for tablets under $250 that can handle basic and casual tasks such as browsing the web, watching videos, checking emails, and using social media. Some popular options include the Apple iPad and Lenovo Tab P11 Plus. These tablets may have limited processing power and storage compared to more expensive models, but they are still suitable for casual use.
- What are the main features when choosing a tablet under $250?
When choosing a tablet under $250, look for features such as the size of the display, processing power, battery life, operating system, and storage capacity. Also, consider the tablet’s connectivity options, such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and cellular data.
- Are there any tablets under $250 with a good quality build and design?
There are several tablets under $250 with good quality build and design. Some popular options include the Samsung Galaxy Tab A and Lenovo Smart Tab M10 Plus. These tablets offer basic features such as good screen size, decent battery life, and fast performance for everyday use. However, it is important to keep in mind that the build quality and design may not be as premium as higher-end models.
- Can I find a tablet under $250 with a decent display and resolution?
Yes, it is possible to find a tablet under $250 with a decent display and resolution. However, you may have to compromise on some features such as size and processing power. Brands like Amazon and Lenovo offer budget-friendly options with 7 to 10-inch displays and basic resolution capabilities. It’s important to consider what you will be using the tablet for and to carefully evaluate the specifications before making a purchase.
- Are there any tablets under $250 that have basic camera features?
There are several tablets under $250 that come with basic camera features such as Samsung Galaxy Tab A and the Amazon Fire 7. However, it’s important to keep in mind that the camera quality on these budget tablets may not be as good as those on more expensive models. It’s always a good idea to read reviews and check specifications before making a purchase to ensure that the camera meets your needs.
- Are any tablets under $250 that have a good battery life?
The Lenovo Smart Tab M10 Plus and Xiaomi Pad 5 are tablets under $250 that have good battery life. These tablets typically have batteries that last between 6-10 hours, depending on usage, and can be charged relatively quickly.
- What are the options for Windows tablets under $250?
There are a few options for Windows tablets under $250, though the selection is limited and performance may not be as good as higher-priced devices. The Microsoft Surface Go 2 and the HP Stream 7 are some of the popular options in this price range.
So, in this article, we have summed up the best 8 tablets that you can buy. Each tablet is unique and has its distinct features. Therefore, make sure that you go through each of these devices before finalizing which one to buy.
Make a checklist of what features you want on your tablet and then match them with our article. I hope you get a tablet which is suitable for you and makes you happy for buying a great device at such a low price.
Also, do not forget to tell us which tablet you finally bought and did this article help you or not?
Ben Scott is a prominent technology journalist and reviewer, specializing in tablet devices. He is known for his comprehensive and unbiased reviews of tablets from various manufacturers.
With a deep understanding of tablet technology, including hardware components, operating systems, and software applications, Scott provides clear and informative reviews accessible to readers of all levels of technical expertise.
His attention to detail and in-depth analysis have earned him a loyal following of readers.