Are you looking for the best 8-inch tablets? In this article, We will help you out to choose the best among our list of the most recommended 8″ tablets.
It was very popular at the moment it came, but soon after its arrival, many people found the smaller tablet’s battery life was not up to the mark as well. After the small tabs, the bigger tabs came into existent but it failed as well, because of the heavy body.
List of 11 Best 8-Inch Tablets in 2020
|Best 8-Inch Tablets –||Size|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0||8″|
|Lenovo Tab 4 Plus||8″|
|Apple iPad Mini 4||7.9″|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab S2||8″|
|Amazon Fire HD 8||8″|
|Asus Zenpad S8||8″|
|Lenovo Yoga Tab 3||8″|
|Huawei MediaPad M5||8.4″|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.4″||8.4″|
|NuVision 8 Tab||8″|
|LG G-Pad F 8.0||8″|
1. Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0
Samsung has been a competitive brand in the market for a really long time. All its functions have impressed the market and we cannot deny that. The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 with S Pen is a good option if you are looking branded 8-inch tablets under 150 dollars.
It comes with an S Pen without charging any more. Unlike with all current competitors, the stylus is attached magnetically. As usual, Samsung pre-installed a lot of software and provide updates optimized for the pen.
This is a middle-class tablet that is good enough for most. It features a full HD 8-inches screen, a decent performance, and well-optimized Android 9.0 Pie. With 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage which may be further expended. Isn’t it a great deal?
|Hardware Specifications of Samsung Galaxy Tab A|
|Processor||Qualcomm SDM429 Snapdragon 429|
|Display||8″ IPS display with 1280 x 800|
|Camera||Rear- 8MP | Front- 2MP|
|Operating System||Android 9.0 Pie|
|Battery Life||14 hours|
If you want to know more reasons why to choose this tablet then you can read our Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 review from our experts.
- Solid performance
- Build quality
- The camera can be better
- Pricey for what you get
2. Lenovo Tab 4 Plus
We all know Lenovo mobiles and laptops are very efficient in terms of performance, and now Lenovo has the newest tab that runs on the latest Android 7.1 operating system. The android operating system allows you to experience the latest features from Google and even allows you to put security on your tablet.
The Lenovo tab 4 has a brilliant 8-inch display with 1280 X 800 pixels with two front speakers which can make your music pop! It is powered by Dolby atmos to bring you a sound experience when you watch or listen to music or movies.
Its display allows you to enjoy your serials and movies with amazing sound quality. Hence every day is a movie date. This tab has 2 GB RAM which allows you to store app memory as long as you want.
Soft wares like Microsoft office come pre-installed so that you can work anytime you want and it also brings high-speed work efficiency. Its one of the best 8-inch portable tablets for employees and students so, Say goodbye to sticking with computers and enjoy this portable blessing.
|Hardware Specifications of Lenovo Tab 4 Plus|
|Processor||2.0 GHz Snapdragon 625 Octa-Core Processor|
|RAM||2 GB RAM|
|Storage||32 GB (expandable up to 256 GB)|
|Display||10.1″ Inch Full HD display with 1920 x 1200 Resolution|
|Camera||Rear- 8 MP | Front- 5 MP|
|Operating System||Android 7.0 Nougat|
|Battery Life||11 hours|
If you still want to know more about this then you can read our Lenovo Tab 4+ Review from our experts.
- Amazing battery life
- Comfortable design
- Decent performance
- Solid speakers
- Sharp cameras
- Vivid display
- Running old Android 7.1
- Some glare on the screen
- Below-average performance
3. Apple Ipad Mini 4 – Best 8-Inch Tablet
Android is very flexible and cost-effective, it brings impressive services, right? But we cannot deny that iOS is any less. In terms of security, or camera qualities you cannot back down iOS, because of its brilliant performance and brand commitment. The Apple iPad mini 4 comes with a 7.9-inch amazing retina display with a resolution of 2048 X 1536 pixels.
This amazing tablet is powered by a dual-core A8 chip with quad-core graphics for the eye-catching graphics experience.
For all the photography lovers, the tablet has 8 megapixels I sight camera, which also captures HD videos! As we already know, the camera quality game of iOS is always on point. This iPad brings 128 GB as storage and can be supported with a micros card too, based on your preference.
|Hardware Specifications of Apple iPad Mini 4|
|Processor||Apple A8 Chipset|
|Display||7.9-inch Retina display with 2048 x 1536 Resolution|
|Camera||Rear- 8 MP | Front- 1.2 MP|
|Operating System||iOS 9, upgradable to iOS 11.4.1|
|Battery Life||10 hours|
The iPad promises 10 hours of non-stop entertainment and comes with a sleek and classy body available in 3 colors and if you want to know more then read our iPad mini-4 review from our experts.
- Apple Pencil
- Display Quality
- Costly for reading purposes
- Heavy Weight
4. Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
The Samsung galaxy tab s2 comes with a sleek metallic body available in 3 colors. The sleek body of this tablet comes with curved edges and is thinner than most of its competitors and can be handled quite easily.
The tablet comes with two speakers at the bottom which are very loud and clear, bringing the HD quality for watching movies and listening to songs.
This tablet not only has boosting speakers but also a micro USB port for charging and plugging earphones.
You can also transfer data. It has a storage of 128 GB same as the Apple iPad mini 4. The screen display is the same as Apple iPad mini 4 (2048 X 1536 pixels).
On many grounds, this tablet is a powerful competitor to the apple mini iPad. Not only this, but the Samsung galaxy tab s2 also has a fingerprint recognition system by which you can unlock your tablet by a single touch. This is definitely the best deal to grab with so many features and amazing performance.
Click here to read full review of Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 from our experts.
|Hardware Specifications of Samsung Galaxy Tab S2|
|Processor||Quad 1.9GHz + Quad 1.3GHz, Octacore processor|
|Display||8.0-inch Retina display with 2048 x 1536 Resolution|
|Camera||Rear- 8 MP | Front- 2.1 MP|
|Operating System||Android 6.0 (Upgradable to 7.0)|
|Battery Life||7-8 hours|
5. Amazon Fire HD 8- Best 8″ Tablet For Kids
The Fire HD 8 is powered by Amazon, and it stands on the first position in the bestseller list. This tab comes with long-lasting battery backup and has much pre-installed software.
It features an 8-inch HD screen with a resolution of 1280 X 800 pixels. The tablet is powered by a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor paired with a 1.5 GB of RAM.
This tablet comes with two different storage types, one has 32 GB storage and another one comes with 16GB storage and their prices vary. This tablet comes in different colors, with a techy body.
Since this tablet is powered by Amazon, you get the experience of the app ‘kindle’ with free books that you can read whenever and wherever you want! The front camera is 2MP whereas the rear camera is also 2MP. So if you’re going for this Amazon’s 8-inch tablets, it also goes up to 12hours of continuous usage.
Click here to read full review of Amazon Fire HD 8 from our experts.
|Hardware Specifications of Amazon fire HD 8|
|Processor||Quad-core 1.3 GHz|
|RAM||1.5 GB RAM|
|Storage||32 GB (expandable microSD to 400GB)|
|Display||8″ IPS (1200 x 800, 189ppi)|
|Camera||Rear- 2MP | Front- 2MP|
|Operating System||Based on Android 5.1 Lollipop|
|Battery Life||10 hour|
- Extremely modest
- Strong form
- Not too bad speakers
- Wallet-accommodating cost
- Show Mode is brilliant
- Frail screen
- Normal battery life
- Amazon biological system is poor
- Without hands Alexa
- Absence of equipment redesigns
6. Asus Zenpad S8
Asus Can be a new brand in the market but is a tough cookie. This brand has been tough in the long run, with this tablet you get a sleek square size body with attractive and flashy graphics. The display is 8-inch with full HD resolution.
Not only that! The glass is gorilla which is the best quality in terms of glasses. The tablet is powered by a 1.3 GHz intel atom z3580 super quad-core processor.
This tablet has 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of storage. The tablet comes with an android 5.1 lollipop by default and an 8-megapixel rear camera.
|Hardware Specifications of Asus ZenPad S 8|
|Processor||Intel Atom Z3530 1.3 GHz Quad-Core Processor|
|RAM||3 GB RAM|
|Storage||32 GB (expandable microSD to 128GB)|
|Display||8″ IPS (2048 x 1536, 224 PPI)|
|Camera||Rear- 5MP| Front- 2MP|
|Operating System||(Based on Android 5.0)|
|Battery Life||10 hour|
7. Lenovo Yoga Tab 3
This new tablet comes with an innovative design and form. The new Lenovo yoga tab 3 comes with 8-inch WXGA IPS adaptive display which provides decent viewing angles.
Just like the Lenovo tab 4 plus this tab has dual speakers on the front which brings amazing sound quality powered by Dolby atoms to provide you the best experience of sound quality.
This tab comes with 2GB RAM and 16 GB as storage and can be expanded by 256 GB via a micros card. This 8-inch tablets runs on an android marshmallow and comes with pre-installed applications. For the innovative part, this tablet comes with a 180 degrees rotatable 8mp camera.
|Hardware Specifications of Lenovo yoga tab 3|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8009|
|RAM||2 GB RAM|
|Storage||16 GB (expandable microSD to 128GB)|
|Display||8″ IPS (1200 x 800)|
|Camera||Rear- 8MP rotatable up to 180 degree|
|Operating System||Based on Android 5.1 Lollipop|
|Battery Life||15 hour|
For more information then you can read our Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Review from our experts.
- Unique, functional design
- MicroSD slot
- Good camera
- Long battery life
- Average display
- Unimpressive performance
- List item
8. Huawei Media Pad M5
HUAWEI might be new in the Indian market but is a promising brand in terms of its quality camera performance and sound quality. The Huawei tablet comes with a brilliant 8.4 inch full HD display and is powered by Octa-core chipset with 4GB of DDR 3 RAM.
Now when it comes to its storage, it has 64 GB of storage in which you can store many apps, photos, and files! This tablet runs on Android 8. 0 Oreo.
The camera quality of HUAWEI is impressive, even in the mobiles, but with this tablet, you get the 13-megapixel rear-facing camera and an 8-megapixel front camera P.S the zooming quality is brilliant too.
If you’re a music lover, this tablet allows you to connect to headphones so that you get amazing sound quality. This tablet is one of the most popular 8-inch tablets under budget.
|Hardware Specifications of Huawei MediaPad M5|
|Processor||Hisilicon Kirin 960 Octa-Core Chipset|
|RAM||4 GB RAM|
|Storage||64 GB (expandable up to 256GB)|
|Display||8.4 inch IPS LCD with 2560 x 1600 Resolution|
|Camera||Rear – 13 MP | Front – 8 MP | Full HD Video Recording|
|Operating System||Android 8.0 Oreo|
|Battery Life||11 hours|
- Bright and colorful display
- Performance is great
- Efficient pen and sound
- Medium gaming capability
- Short battery life
9. Samsung galaxy tab A 8.4″
At the top of our list these suits a lot better than any other. In this category, it is quite more than a specified size of 8 inches but it’s a good and cheap tablet.
If you want the tablet in budget then this may fulfill your need in every way. Have lots of variants like wifi or with LTE. The battery is indicated very good but not play its best, it runs only 8 hr.
The display is very well as we know about the Samsung tablets, of course, have an AMOLED screen of 8.4 inches. Also if you have a specific range of 250-300$ then you can easily go for it. It can be added easily in the list of best 8-inch tablets.
|Hardware Specifications of Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.4″|
|Processor||Exynos 7904 Processor and Mali G-71 MP2 GPU|
|Storage||32 GB storage|
|Display||8.4″ AMOLED display with 1366 x 768|
|Camera||Rear- 8 MP | Front- 5 MP|
|Operating System||Android 9|
|Battery Life||12 hours|
10. NuVision 8 TAB
Android and iOS have been a competitor for such a long time, bringing impressive gadgets from time to time, and so has windows. This tablet ‘Nuvision 8’ is a product powered by windows which runs on windows 10. It has all the windows apps pre-installed. This windows 8-inch tablets have a screen resolution of 1920 X 1200.
The graphics are the same as the windows graphics which you can find on your computer. The tablet is powered by a 1.44 GHz intel atom quad-core processor with 2 GB RAM.
The tab comes with 32 GB as storage and 5megapixel camera. The body is built in such a way that it can be carried around easily. The battery backup lasts up to 6 hours and you can download many apps as well. This is surely a good product from windows with promising services.
|Hardware Specifications of NuVision 8” Windows Tablet|
|Processor||Intel Atom x5-Z8300 Quad-Core Processor|
|Storage||32 GB SSD eMMC|
|Display||8″ IPS display with 1900 x 1200|
|Camera||Rear- 5MP (Webcam)|
|Operating System||Windows 10 Home|
|Battery Life||5-6 hours|
11. LG G pad F 8.0
LG is another top player in electronics with a vast variety in mobiles and other electronics. The display is 8.0 inch IPS LCD with 1280×800 resolution, it’s high definition screen. This tablet runs on Android 5.0 lollipop up to 10 hours which is very impressive.
Its very lightweight, weighing only 0.9lbs. It has a built-in stylus for usage and for the internal memory, this pad has 16GB as internal memory and 1 GB RAM. You can plug in your pen drive, wireless wifi. For the price, it’s not that worthy but a good find.
|Hardware Specifications of LG G pad F 8.0|
|Processor||1.2 GHz Snapdragon Quad-Core processor|
|Storage||16 GB eMMC storage|
|Display||8″ Retina display with 1366 x 768|
|Camera||Rear- 5 MP | Front- 2 MP|
|Operating System||Android 5.0|
|Battery Life||10 hours|
- Good 4G LTE connection
- Expandable storage
- Full-size USB port
- Included stylus too small
- Low resolution display
- Sluggish, below-average performance
Some Other Popular 8-Inch Budget Tablets
- Minimum bezel; Maximum view: Designed with a minimized bezel, giving you more room to view your favorite content in a slim, comfortable form; The premium metallic finish and lightweight design make it easy to use around the house or on the go
- Entertainment ready: An 8.0 inches display immerses you in content, and dual speakers deliver spacious surround sound
- Binge ready Battery: Browse, watch or shop for up to 13 hours on a full charge
- Room for everything: Keep your favorite songs, photos or videos, thanks to 32GB of built in memory; Plus expand your storage up to 512GB anytime with a Micro SD card
- Faster Response, Smoother Experience: This 8-inch tablet is equipped with 1.3GHz Quad-core processor and 2GB RAM, and is remarkable for higher integration, stronger performance and lower power consumption. MatrixPad S8 tablet enables quick app launches, smooth videos and great overall performance.
- Smart Android Tablet: This GMS certified MatrixPad S8 is equipped with Android 9.0 Pie OS, with basic Google apps already on and without bloatware. Get rid of unexpected ads and have full access to Google Play and download the apps you love, such as Skype, Netflix, YouTube, kids app and more.
- HD Display, Visual Feast: Featuring 1280*800 high-definition IPS display, the 8-inch screen is stunning and crisp delicate and fresh, delivering a more realistic viewing experience. You can enjoy vivid color, clear and bright HD resolution images from different angles. Enable Eye Mode, reduces harmful blue light to create healthy reading conditions for you and your family.
- Smaller Tablet, Bigger Storage: VANKYO S8 tablet has 32GB ROM. You can easily expand the storage space to 128GB with a Micro SD Card (not included). Store photos, favorite movies, and compatible light games and apps in this capable 8-inch tablet. No need to consider deleting files to free up space.
- Portable and Powerful: With just 0.7 pounds and palm-size, it fits easily in bags, backpacks, and even back-pockets, making it possible for you to take anywhere, anytime. The solid 4000mAh battery allows up to 11 hours’ use of shopping, watching shows, movies, and reading e-books. (Tips: Power adapter not included)
- 8" HD display, 2X the storage (32 or 64 GB of internal storage and up to 1 TB with microSD card) + 2 GB RAM.
- All-day battery life - Up to 12 hours of reading, browsing the web, watching videos, and listening to music.
- Now with USB-C for easier charging. Fully charges in under 5 hours (with included cable + adapter).
- 30% faster thanks to the new 2.0 GHz quad-core processor.
- Enjoy your favorite apps like Netflix, Facebook, Hulu, Instagram, TikTok, and more through Amazon’s Appstore (Google Play not supported).
- Save up to $94.98 on a full-featured Fire HD 8 tablet (not a toy), 1 year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, a Kid-Proof Case with built-in stand, and 2-year worry-free guarantee—versus items purchased separately.
- 2-year worry-free guarantee: if it breaks, return it and we'll replace it for free.
- The included 1 year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited gives your kids access to over 20,000 apps, games, books, videos, Audible books, and educational content from PBS Kids, Nickelodeon, Disney, and more. Your subscription will then automatically renew every month starting at just $2.99 per month plus applicable tax. You may cancel at any time by visiting the Amazon Parent Dashboard or contacting Customer Service.
- Over 20 million kids (and their parents) have enjoyed the award-winning Amazon FreeTime service. Amazon FreeTime parental controls allow you to set educational goals, create time limits, and filter content.
- Stream over wifi or view downloaded content on the go with 32 GB of internal storage and up to 12 hours of battery for reading, browsing the web, watching videos, and listening to music. Add a microSD card for up to 1 TB of additional storage.
- 8.0" (203.1mm), Resolution: 1280 x 800 (WXGA), TFT, 16M Color Depth, 5100 mAh battery
- RAM - 2GB, ROM - 32GB, MicroSD (Up to 512GB), Android 9.0 (Pie), Qualcomm SDM429 Snapdragon 429, Quad-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- Rear Camera - 8.0 MP, Front Camera - 2.0 MP, Dual Speaker, Bluetooth v4.2, USB 2.0, GPS, Glonass, Beidou, Galileo
- Wi-Fi - 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4+5GHz, Wi-Fi Direct, Samsung Kids Home, No SIM Card Supported
- International Model, Does not have US warranty.
- Fast And Smooth Performance Processor : At the heart is a Quad-core Rockchip processor that clocks at 1.5GHz, which is capable enough to support you plenty of oomph for daily routines and quality entertainments. And there is 32GB of internal storage, store all your important note, favorite songs, TV series or apps, enhance the entire performance of this large tablet for school, workplace and daily usage.
- Newest Android 9.0 Pie OS: Android 9.0 system tablet with the latest version of Android improve the system more fluently, you can browse websites and download software more quickly and smoothly, while enabling games to run optimally and start applications quickly. Android 9.0 may not be the most significant new feature in the operating system, but it’s definitely the most distinctive and the most outstanding.
- Clear 1280x800 IPS Display : 1280x800 IPS display Tablet with color reversal and brightness conversion can reduce eye irritation，No matter which angle you look at, you can enjoy vivid, saturated, natural The display, built-in 3.5 mm headphones and built-in Micro USB, gives you an excellent visual and auditory enjoyment.
- Multifunctional Operation: 8 inch tablet allows you to smoothly use Google play, Browser, E-Mail, Google maps, Office suite, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and other social software, low consumption CPU can have enough battery life for you to play games and listen to music, surf the Internet and watch videos, etc.
- Customer Service: If you encounter any problems during use, our after-sales service staff will provide you with a 24-hour shopping experience and enthusiastic service.
Buyer’s Guide For Best 8 Inch Tablets
As we know that everyone has its own requirement and need so this question may vary from person to person. But according to us, 8-inch is enough for almost every purpose. Either entertainment or work. The most important thing is we can easily handle it place it anywhere or any place in the jacket also.
The only problem with 8″ tablet will come when you buy it for entertainment purposes like watching movies or for college students. But if you can adjust yourselves in 8 inches then this is the best option. You can easily go for an 8-inch tablet.
There are certain things you need to keep in mind while going to buy any 8″ tablet device in a tight budget like screen size, battery, processor, after-sales service, and software updates.
FAQ About Best 8 Inch Tablets
- What is the best 8 inch Windows tablet in 2020?
We consider the NuVision 8 Tab as the most powerful and versatile 8″ windows tablet.
- What is the best 8-inch tablet for college?
You can use Apple Ipad Mini 4 for college work.
- Which 8″ Android tablet is the most cost-efficient?
Amazon Fire HD 8 as the most cost-efficient and best 8″ tablet.
- Can I get an 8-inch tablet under 100 dollars?
Yes, You can get Vankyo MatrixPad it but it’ll be an outdated model with limited features
- Which one is a better tablet? 8-inch or 10-inch.
It depends on your needs and requirement. If you don’t require a large screen tablet then you can buy any 8-inch tablet but if you want a large screen tablet then you can check these 10-inch tablets.